- At least half of American women will experience an unintended pregnancy by age 45, and, at current rates, one in 10 women will have an abortion by age 20, one in four by age 30 and three in 10 by age 45.
- Approximately 22% of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion.
- Nearly half of all pregnancies among American women are unintended, and about four in 10 of these are terminated by abortion.
- Approximately 18% of U.S. women obtaining abortions are teenagers; those aged 15–17 obtain 6% of all abortions, teens aged 18–19 obtain 11%, and teens younger than age 15 obtain 0.4%.
- About 61% of abortions are obtained by women who have one or more children.